Contains Gluten Free notes
- 13.5 tbsp of lemon lime soda
- 6 tbsp plus 2 tsps of Guinness (GF use Dubbliner Dark)
- 2 tbsp butterscotch schnapps (or butterscotch syrup if you prefer or need GF)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- A pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream topping
- In a saucepan, bring the Guinness (GF beer) and lemon lime soda to a boil. Once it boils, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolk, schnapps, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg together. Very slowly add in the Guinness and lemon lime soda mixture, whisking continuously so the egg does not cook.
- Once everything is combined, return the mixture to the saucepan and let simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Add the tablespoon of butter and stir it in until it is completely melted. Remove from heat and pour into glass mugs. Add a scoop of vanilla or whipped cream if you like. Drink it while it's warm and just enjoy!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market