- 1-1/2 pounds fresh or frozen scrod fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 to 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Snipped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Hot boiled potatoes (optional)
- Thaw fish fillets, if frozen. Place in a single layer on greased rack of an unheated broiler pan. Tuck under any thin edges to make even thickness.
- Combine butter and lemon juice; brush over fillets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil fish 4 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Brushing occasionally with lemon butter mixture. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges. If desired, serve with hot boiled potatoes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market