Makes 4 servings
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 4 salmon fillets, 4 to 5 oz each
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 grapefruit, peeled and cut into sections (remove all membranes)
- 1 ½ oranges, peeled and cut into sections (remove all membranes)
- Juice of half lemon
- ½ tsp chopped, fresh tarragon
- Preheat the broiler. To make the citrus relish, combine the grapefruit and orange sections in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice and tarragon and set aside. (This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to a day or two. The relish should be served at room temperature.)
- Brush the fillets with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned fillets on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Broil the fillets for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning only once. (Thin fillets will take less time, thicker fillets will take more.)
- Place the fillets on warmed plates, top with citrus relish and serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market