- 1.25 lb Bratwurst
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (16-oz.) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider, divided
- 1 medium apple(s), cored and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Slice bratwurst into 3/4-inch pieces. Cook in large skillet until browned and no longer pink inside; drain. Add potatoes and onion to sausage in skillet. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring frequently.
- Lightly coat 3-quart casserole with vegetable cooking spray. Place bratwurst mixture in casserole. Rinse and drain sauerkraut; set aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup apple cider in skillet. Add sauerkraut and saute 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Top casserole with sauerkraut. Arrange apple slices over sauerkraut. Pour remaining apple cider over casserole. Cover and bake at 350°F. for 20 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market