Makes 6 servings
- 2 bacon slices
- 1 ¼ cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 (1 pound) bag chopped kale
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cup diced Granny Smith apples (about 10 oz)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Place a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon, cook 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 1 tsp drippings in pan. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add onion to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add kale, add cook 5 minutes or until wilted, stirring frequently. Add cider and vinegar, cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apple, salt and pepper, cook 5 minutes or until apple is tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with bacon.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market