- 2 lb. grouper cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 2 large onions minced
- 1 green pepper minced
- 14 oz. peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 12 large black olives pitted and halved
- 5 fl. Oz. white wine
- Black pepper
- Few basil leaves roughly torn
- 2 tbsp. crème fraiche
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat ½ the oil and gently cook garlic, onions, pepper until soft, then place in an oven proof pan.
- Heat rest of oil and quickly fry off grouper chunks, just enough to seal them, so they donÄôt disintegrate in the sauce. Transfer to oven proof pan.
- Put tomatoes into frying pan and bring to a boil. Add white wine and make sure that you scrape dripping left in pan from the grouper and vegetables. Then pour all into the oven proof pan. Add rest of ingredients and a few twists of pepper and stir everything together thoroughly.
- Cover and bake for twenty minutes. Just before serving stir in the crème fraiche. Serve with a side of rice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market