I also like to mix about 1 teaspoon of Siracha sauce (found in the Asian food section of the grocery store) in with the ketchup for additional heat. Do it if you like it spicy!This recipe is Gluten Free
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil; (1-2)
- 1 garlic clove; crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch; (if thick sauce desired)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over hot rice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market