This recipe contains gluten free notes
- for the fruit layer:
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- for dough:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- to make fruit layer:
- Stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Gently mix in the blueberries. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). coat a 9x13 inch pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup sugar, 3 cups flour, and baking powder. Mix in salt and cinnamon, if desired. Use a fork to blend in the butter and egg. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of dough into the prepared pan.
- Layer the blueberry mixture evenly over the crust and crumble left over dough onto the berry layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until brown on top. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market