Makes 4 servings
- 2 slice(s) whole-wheat country bread, crusts removed, torn into pieces
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces 90%-lean ground beef
- Place bread in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl. (No need to wash the work bowl.)
- Add blueberries, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper to the food processor; process until pureed. Scrape into the bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Add ground beef and mix well with a potato masher. Divide the mixture into four equal portions; form into 1/2-inch-thick patties, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler or heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high. If using the broiler, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- If using a grill, oil the grill rack by rubbing it with an oil-soaked paper towel. Cook patties until browned and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 160 degrees F. Serve immediately, with or without rolls and toppings.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market