- 4 T-bone steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 large sweet onions, like a Vidalia, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp dry red wine
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- coarse salt
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sauté onions in butter and oil over a medium low heat until they are soft and starting to brown.
- Turn heat up to medium high and add red wine.
- Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated off. Remove from heat. Preheat grill. Grill steaks for about 5 to 6 minutes per side or until they reach desired doneness. Remove from grill and top with blue cheese and onions.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market