Makes 4 servings
- 1 green onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (white and light green parts only)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- Chop green onion in processor. Add mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce and blend. Add cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.).
- Prepare barbecue grill for medium-high heat cooking. Form beef into two 1-inch-thick patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for rare. Transfer to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market