Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth or cold water
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 can (14-15 0z) Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/4--1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Lime Juice
- Bring water to a boil. Add Quinoa & oil, stir to mix.
- Cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix gently together black beans, tomato, scallions and cilantro. Add Quinoa lime juice gently mix to blend. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Note: Leftover chopped chicken is a great addition to this recipe!
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market