This recipe contains gluten free notes
- Butter Cookie Base
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- Billionaire Filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Billionaire Topping
- 2 cups milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or coarsely chopped white chocolate
- I started by preheating my oven to 325 degrees, lining my 9 x 13″ baking pan with foil (parchment paper also works), and spraying the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- I then began making the cookie base. Melt the butter and mix with dry ingredients until it just starts to hold together like a dough. Press the dough into the prepared pan, prick it with a fork all over, and bake it for 25 minutes (until lightly browned). Let it cool as you prep the filling.
- For the Billionaire filling, heat the butter, brown sugar and condensed milk over low heat in a heavy sauce pan. Let the mixture lightly simmer, and stir it constantly until it thickens and becomes a medium caramel color (about 20 minutesÄ¶.yes it is an arm workout). Remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla, then pour the filling over the cookie base and spread it evenly. Let this cool completely before adding the chocolate topping.
- To make the Billionaire topping, heat the chocolates separately (using a double boiler). Drop spoonfuls of each chocolate over the caramel topping and use a knife to lightly drag lines of melted chocolate all over the top. Let the bars sit in the refrigerator to let the chocolate become firm. Before cutting them, let them sit out at room temperature for about 20 minutes so that the chocolate layer wouldnÄôt crack when cut.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market