Makes 6 servings
- 12 bacon slices
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 12 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- 12 red leaf lettuce leaves
- Sauté bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Cut bacon slices crosswise in half.
- Combine chopped eggs, celery, and olives in bowl. Mix in 1/4 cup mayonnaise and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place toast slices on work surface; spread lightly with remaining mayonnaise. Divide egg salad among 6 toast slices. Place 4 bacon pieces, then 2 lettuce leaves atop egg salad on each. Cover with remaining toast slices, mayonnaise side down. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market