This is an awesome barbequed rib recipe. You can double or triple the amounts to serve a large group.
- 1 cup chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp seasoning salt
- 2 pounds rib roast
- 4 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl or jar, mix together chile powder, dried minced garlic, onion powder, cumin, salt and seasoning salt.
- Place rib roast on a medium baking sheet. Rub vigorously with 1/2 the chile powder mixture. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together 1/2 the chile powder mixture, tomato sauce, brown sugar, tomato, Worcestershire sauce, dried onion flakes, soy sauce and water. Cook 3 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally, over low heat.
- Prepare an outdoor grill for indirect heat. Lightly oil grate.
- Cook ribs covered on the prepared grill 3 to 5 hours, or to desired doneness. Brush with the sauce mixture from the medium saucepan during the last minutes of cooking. Serve with remaining sauce mixture.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market