Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 envelopes (1/4 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups of mixed fresh berries and slices of banana (berries can include boysenberries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup grape juice; let soften 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat sugar with another 1/4 cup grape juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in softened gelatin until dissolved, then stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups grape juice.
- Place berries in a 4-by-8-inch (6 cup capacity) loaf pan; pour gelatin mixture over, pressing berries gently to submerge completely (remove a few berries if necessary.) Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, dip bottom of pan in hot water about 5 seconds. Invert onto a serving platter, and shake firmly to release. Slice to serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market