Makes 4 servings
- 1 Gooseberries whole Amish Chicken, approx. 3lbs
- 3 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 12 Oz. can of beer
- Remove giblets and fat from inside the chicken. Clean, wash and pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend inside body cavity of chicken. Rub outside of chicken with olive oil, then rub remaining 2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash® Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend all over outside of chicken.
- Open can of beer and pour out half into a frosty mug. Holding the chicken upright with the opening of the body cavity down, set the chicken down onto the half-full beer can.
- Place chicken in pre-heated 450°F barbecue grill on indirect heat.
- Place the legs of the chicken off to the sides to form a "tripod" to help support the body of the chicken on top of the can.
- Cook 1 to 1 ½ hours
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market