- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 ½ lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 3 by ½ by ¼ inch strips
- 1 pkg (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (10 ½ oz) condensed beef broth
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups non fat sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
- Cook noodles as directed on package; drain. Meanwhile, in food storage plastic bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add beef strips; shake to coat. Heat 12 inch nonstick skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in broth, water, tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until beef is tender. Stir in sour cream; cook about 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market