Makes 4-6 servings
- 10 small new potatoes, halved, unpeeled
- 12 small whole white onions, peeled, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 30 baby carrots, 8 ounces
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Place potatoes, onions, and baby carrots in slow cooker. Add bell pepper and beef. In small bowl, combine broth, oregano, paprika, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW 9 to 10 hrs. Turn pot on HIGH. In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooked stew mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 mins. or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market