- 1 lb ground beef
- 1- 16 oz. can whole tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1- 2.8 oz can french friend onions
- 1- 12 oz cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 12- 6 inch tortilla shells
- 1 chopped tomato and shredded lettuce for garnishment
- Brown beef and drain. Add tomatoes and taco seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in half can of french fried onions.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese and eggs. Set aside.
- In a 13 by 9 greased baking pan, place 6 tortilla shells. Spoon the meat mixture evenly in pan. Top with the remaining 6 shells and then spoon the cheese mixture on top.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until cheese mixture is set. Sprinkle remaining cheese and fried onions and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Before serving, arrange lettuce and tomatoes around edge of casserole.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market