This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 3-4 lb. beef brisket
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 12 oz bottle red lager (I used LeinieÄôs Red) (GF use Dubbliner or Redbridge)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into large pieces
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- dash of coarse ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Brown brisket on all sides, about 8-10 minutes. Add garlic half way through. Transfer meat to slow cooker. Pour beer in skillet, scraping up brown bits. Simmer for one minute. Add to slow cooker. Nestle celery around beef.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and whisk. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 8 hours. Remove from cooker and allow to sit about 10 minutes before cutting.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market