Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound lean beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup non-fat sour cream
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes, canned or fresh
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 cups cooked, hot egg noodles
- Season the sirloin with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the sirloin and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes total. Set the sirloin on a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion. Season lightly with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are soft, about 7 more minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the sour cream, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauces. Combine well and heat thoroughly. Add the sirloin and any juices. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Divide the egg noodles among 4 plates so that they form a small ring on the plate. Spoon the beef mixture into the center of each ring and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market