Makes 6 burgers
- 1 1/2 cups Black Beans
- 3/4 lb. Extra lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup Whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup Grated light sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 Äì 1 tsp. Hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- Small eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1 Äì 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar.
- 6 split and toasted Whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup trimmed, packed Arugula (or spinach) leaves
- Process first 4 ingredients in food processor until well combined. Transfer to large bowl. Add next 5 ingredients. Mix well. Shape into 6 patties, using 1/2 cup for each. Cook on greased electric grill over medium heat for about 8 minutes per side until no longer pink inside. Spray eggplant with cooking spray. Cook on greased grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Drizzle with vinegar.
- Spread cut sides of buns with Red Pepper Sauce. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each bun. Divide and layer with eggplant and arugula. Cover with top half of each bun.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market