- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup ketchup-style chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce such as Tabasco
- 1 cup water
- Trim pork of excess fat and silver skin, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into 3 strips. Cook onion in oil in a 4-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, and water and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork and simmer, covered, until pork is cooked through and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork with a slotted spoon to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Boil remaining sauce, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over pork.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market