Makes 6 servings
- 12 Italian sausages, hot or sweet
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 red peppers, cleaned and quartered
- 3 yellow peppers, cleaned and quartered
- 3 green peppers, cleaned & quartered
- 2-3 loaves Italian bread or French baguettes or submarine sandwich bread
- honey mustard
- Prick the sausages, cover with water and simmer 5-6 minutes, cool in cold water, pat dry and slice in half leaving them joined in the center.
- Heat BBQ medium-hot. Combine olive oil,vinegar, oregano, basil, sugar& hot pepper sauce. Grill the sausages and the pepper quarters basting with the oil mixture.
- BBq until the sausages and peppers are rich golden color 14-18 minutes. Split the buns/bread in half and if using bread cut into serving sizes, leaving them joined at the middle and brush with the oil mixture.
- Remove sausages and keep warm. BBQ the oiled bread toast 2-3 minutes.
- Slip a sausage in the bun and a piece of each of the peppers, some mustard.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market