- 3 ½ pounds lean ground beef
- ½ cup purchased barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 12 sesame-seed hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen French fries
- Mix first 4 ingredients in large bowl until blended.
- Mix in pepper.
- Shape half of meat mixture into eight ½ inch- thick patties.
- Shape remaining meat mixture into four 1 inch thick patties. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
- Prepare French fries according to package instructions.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Grill patties to desired doneness, topping with cheese for last minute of cooking, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare ½ inch thick patties, and about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare 1 inch thick patties.
- Place burgers on bottom halves of buns.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes and upper halves of buns.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market