- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 1 1/2- to 1 3/4-pound beef loin tri-tip roasts, trimmed of all but 1/4 inch of fat
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Mix garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Brush both sides of tri-tips with oil and sprinkle with garlic-powder mixture, pressing to adhere. Grill tri-tips 5 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, or if using charcoal grill, move meat to cooler side of grill. Cover and grill until thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 125 degrees F to 130 degrees F for medium-rare, brushing with barbecue sauce and turning every 10 minutes, about 30 minutes longer.
- Transfer tri-tips to work surface; let stand 10 minutes. Cut meat crosswise into very thin slices; arrange on platter. Surround with caramelized onions and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market