Makes 16 bars
- 1/4 cup butter for mixing
- 2-3 Tbsp melted butter for topping
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar for topping
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut for mixing
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut for topping
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for mixing
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping
- 1 cup ripe, mashed bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Pamela's Baking Mix (or other gluten-free flour combination with leavening)
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking pan. Mix 1/4 cup softened butter with the brown sugar until combined.
- Add the egg, mashed bananas, and vanilla. Add the Baking Mix. Stir in 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 2/3 cup of shredded coconut. Pour in the prepared baking pan.
- Combine shredded coconut, melted butter, and sugar; sprinkle over top. Spread about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market