Makes 2 cups
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh plum tomatoes
- 2/3 cup medium-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Wash and halve the tomatoes lengthwise and place in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients. and pour over the tomatoes. Marinate at least 2 hours or overnight, in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve the marinade to use again. It will keep, refrigerated, for 10 days.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150C).
- Place the tomatoes, cut-side up, on a baking pan covered with foil. Bake until slightly shriveled but not completely dried out, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours - longer if they came out of the refrigerator.
- Oven-roasted tomatoes can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for at least 1 week.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market