This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 2 ½ to 3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- ½ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
- ½ cup chicken broth (GF use Rachel RayÄôs)
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit into a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place onion in bottom of slow cooker. Add meat; sprinkle with thyme and rosemary. Pour broth over meat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Prepare the sauce ingredients below.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, pull meat apart into shreds, discarding fat. Strain onions, discarding liquid. Return shredded meat and onions to cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce. If using high-heat setting, turn to low-heat setting Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- To serve, spoon meat mixture onto bun bottoms. Top with coleslaw. Add bun tops.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market