- 3 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 8 bone-in pork chops (8 oz each)
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare pork chops; combine water, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and salt in a bowl.
- Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved. Place pork chops in a large sealable plastic bag; pour brine into bag to cover chops.
- Seal and chill overnight or at least 3 hours.
- To prepare sauce; combine vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the grill. Drain pork and discard brine.
- Pat chops dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill chops about 5 minutes per side for medium, while basting with the sauce.
- You can simmer the remaining sauce in a saucepan until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and drizzle around the plates. Sauce must be cooked after touching raw pork.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market