Makes 4 servings
- 4 firm, but ripe, peaches
- 8 vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut peaches in half from stem to root end, then twist gently to free fruit from pit. Gently twist pit from peach half and discard. Arrange peach halves, cut sides up, in a lightly buttered, shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together vanilla wafer crumbs, egg, walnuts, brown sugar and vanilla. Mound about 2 teaspoons cookie mixture in each peach cavity. (When baked, cookie filling resembles a peach pit.)
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until topping is cooked through and lightly browned and peaches are soft but not mushy and still hold their shape. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market