- 1 fillet of salmon, about ½ to ¾ of a pound
- 2 cup thin sliced sweet onions
- ½ stick Butter
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb Wisconsin fresh cream cheese
- ¼ cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Season salmon with a little salt and pepper set aside.
- In a large skillet place sliced onions sprinkle just a little pepper over onions and butter. Place over medium high heat and cook until onions begin to brown.
- Once onions have been caramelized place in bowl and let cool. Once onions have cooled off spread onions over entire length of fillet and then taking cream cheese press cheese flat and place on top of onions, and then sprinkle bread crumbs over cream cheese.
- Place fish in oven proof pan cover and bake at 350 for 35 min. For crisper top after 20 minutes remove foil and let bread crumbs brown.
- Remove and place on plate with either rice or garlic mashed potatoes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market