Makes 12 Servings
This delicious baked French toast is prepared the night before and baked in the morning. Pair with Our Signature Potato Sausage for a sumptuous Breakfast or Brunch
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp light corn syrup
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market