Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp instant tapioca
- 1 tbsp beef bouillon granules
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 strips celery, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 slice bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the stew meat; drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, water, tapioca, beef bouillon granules, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir in the beef, carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, and bread cubes. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market