This recipe is gluten free.
- 4 lbs. chicken legs and thighs, w/ skin (I used a chicken cut up, including breasts)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, halved (canned is fine)
- 1 medium onion, cut into pieces same size as the artichokes
- 1 pound white button mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 2 tbsp brown mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red or white wine (you could also sub in chicken stock)
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- kosher salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350F-375F, depending if you like crispy skin or not.
- Place artichokes, onions and mushrooms on the bottom of a big pan. Place chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the mustard with the rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Season w/ kosher salt & pepper. Bake about 1 hour, basting the pieces once or twice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market