- 24 large sea scallops (about 2 lbs)
- 12 slices partially cooked bacon
- Seasoned pepper
- Cook bacon gently until partially cooked but not crisp and still very flexible. Rinse scallops with running cold water, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut each bacon slice crosswise in half; wrap each half around a scallop, securing with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle scallops lightly with seasoned pepper. Preheat broiler. Place scallops on rack in broiling pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until scallops turn opaque throughout, using tongs to turn scallops frequently so bacon will brown evenly on all sides.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market