- 2 small delicata squash, cubed
- 4 anjou pears, cubed
- 3 small red onions, cut into eighths
- 3 well-packed cups of torn kale
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup wild rice
- 1/3 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup red rice
- 3 cups water
- walnut oil, for drizzling
- freshly cracked pepper
- sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the squash, pears, and onions in a casserole dish or roasting pan. Drizzle lightly with oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast in the oven for about one hour and fifteen minutes. Scrap and mix about halfway through the cooking time. The edges should be just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice and water in a pot. Bring the water to a boil; then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Add the kale to the rice pot when about 5 minutes are left on the pears and squash.
- Mix the rice/kale and pear/squash mixtures in a large bowl or serving platter. Add the dried cranberries and dressing. Toss to coat. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market