Makes 3-5 servings
- 3 lb. chicken thighs or leg quarters
- 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium piece fresh ginger root, about 2 inches, peeled and thinly sliced or grated
- juice of 1 whole fresh lime
- 3 tbsp. corn starch
- Remove skin from chicken, if desired. Combine hoisin sauce, plum sauce, soy sauce, ginger, lime, and cornstarch in a large bowl or food storage bag; blend well. Add the chicken pieces, turning to coat well. Place everything, including marinade, in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, until chicken is tender and juices run clear. Serve with hot cooked rice.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market