Makes 8 servings
The satisfying crunch of walnuts gives a helping of salad greens added dimension; the nuts have a natural affinity for arugula, spinach, endive, and watercress.This recipe is gluten free.
- 1 ounce walnuts (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 6 ounces haricots verts or other green beans, trimmed
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast in oven until fragrant, about 8 minutes. Let cool slightly. Finely chop, and set aside.
- Whisk together vinegar, yogurt, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the toasted nuts in a small bowl; season with pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Set dressing aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to a colander to drain. Set aside.
- Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Return pan of water to a boil. Add green beans, and cook until tender and bright green, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Transfer to a cutting board, and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Arrange arugula, potatoes, and green beans on a platter. Season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market