Makes 6 servings
- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless & skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 each garlic clove
- 1 ½ cup artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1/3 cup parsley, fresh, chopped, divided
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a baking pan. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. With a very sharp, small knife, cut a pocket horizontally into each breast. Do not cut in half. Set aside while you make the stuffing.
- In a food processor, place the garlic, artichoke hearts, egg and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Process to mix, but do not puree.
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of stuffing in each breast pocket. Do not close the pocket- the stuffing will puff up and out a bit.
- Place the stuffed breasts in the baking dish. Pour the chicken broth over the chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Place the breasts on a platter, spoon the pan juices over and sprinkle with reserved parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market