- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves (4 breasts)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 medium cooking apples (peeled and cut into thin slices)
- 1 cup of apple cider
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Heat coals or gas grill. Place chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of waxed paper. Pound chicken to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Coat apple slices with sugar mixture. Divide apple slices among chicken breast halves. Fold chicken around apples; secure with toothpicks.
- Cover and grill chicken 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove toothpicks. Mix apple cider and cornstarch in 1-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Spoon over chicken and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market