Makes 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced tart red apples
- 1 pound polish sausage, sliced 1/3 inch thick
- 10 oz. sauerkraut rinsed and thoroughly drained
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- In 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, cook potatoes covered in 2 inches boiling water for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, water and pepper then mix in apples.
- In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, toss and brown sausage for 10 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon then drain on paper towels.
- Add potatoes, sauerkraut, onions, parsley and sausage to apple mixture then toss gently.
- Season with salt then serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market