Makes 4 servings
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for browning
- 4 pork chops
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup rice not quick cooking
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple tart , peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup oranges cut into sections
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- Trim excess fat from pork chops; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Brown quickly in shortening. Pour from skillet all but 1 tablespoon of drippings. Saute onion in the drippings.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except pork chops with the onion; mix well, then pour into a greased 2 qt. shallow casserole dish. Arrange chops on this mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F about 45 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market