Makes 4-5 servings
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Soy sauce (reduced-sodium)
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Place chicken breasts in a zip-lock plastic bag with some soy sauce, turning to coat. Let stand ½ hour, turning bag once or twice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Life each breast from marinade and place on a piece of foil that is big enough to wrap individually. Take apples from the can and place some on top of each breast. (Save some of the sauce from the apples for later.)
- Take a pat of butter and lay it on top of apples. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon. Wrap each piece of chicken loosely in foil and place on a shallow baking pan or a cookie sheet with sides. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until done. Take chicken and apples out to serve on a plate. Drizzle a little more of the sauce from the can of apples on top.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market