Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup fruit juice or water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- In medium saucepan, combine apples, cherries, fruit juice, and cinnamon stick. Cover and bring to simmer over medium heat; cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Uncover and reduce heat to low; cook 15 to 20 minutes longer or until apples are very soft but retain their shape.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Add lemon zest to apple mixture. In blender or food processor, puree apple mixture until chunky spread forms. Cool completely. Chill before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market