- 16 ounces of softened cream cheese.
- 4 cups of apple slices, peeled and sliced thinly (2-3 apples).
- 1 cup of graham cracker (or other biscuit) crumbs.
- Three amounts of sugar: 3 tablespoons, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup.
- 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- 3 tbsp of melted margarine.
- 2 medium eggs.
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and melted margarine, and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate to form the crust. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup of sugar until well blended. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat after each is added. Blend in the vanilla, and pour the mixture into prepared crust.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Add the apples and toss to coat. Spoon the apples over top of the cheesecake filling. Sprinkle the pecans over the apples. Put back into the oven and bake for an hour. Chill, then serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market