- 8 slices whole-grain bread
- 1/4 cup low-fat honey mustard
- 2 crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- cooking Spray
- If you don't have a panini press, just use a non-stick skillet to make these tasty sandwiches. Just about any cheese can be substituted for Cheddar.
- Preheat panini press on medium heat. Lightly spread honey mustard evenly over each slice of bread. Layer apple slices and cheese over 4 slices of bread, using about 2 ounces of cheese for each sandwich.
- Top each with remaining bread slices. Lightly coat panini press with cooking spray. Grill each sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and bread has toasted. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market