Makes 12 servings
- 4 large cooking apples, peeled and sliced or coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- dash salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Heat oven to 325°. Butter an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- Combine sliced apples, berries, and granulated sugar. Toss to coat. Dot with small pieces of cold butter. Combine the melted butter with the brown sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, and rolled oats. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until fruit is tender and topping is browned.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market