- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 pounds pippin or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups golden or brown raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 9 x 13 1/2-inch glass baking dish.
- For Topping: Mix old-fashioned oats, brown sugar, all purpose flour, ground cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Add unsalted butter and rub into mixture until coarse crumbs form. Mix in chopped walnuts.
- For Filling: Combine sliced apples, raisins, sugar, fresh lemon juice, flour and ground cinnamon in large bowl. Mix well to blend.
- Transfer apple-raisin filling to prepared dish. Spread topping over. Bake until topping is golden brown, about 55 minutes. Serve crisp warm with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market